About Sound Healing
Sound healing is a form of therapy that plays into the natural vibrations our body craves and needs to maintain balance. It uses the power of sound frequencies to resonate with our body’s energy centers, or chakras and retune our bio field. When our body becomes out of balance – whether that be physically or mentally – our health becomes at risk. Sound healing uses vibrations to send sound waves into the body to help restore this balance.
As a practitioner I play instruments like the crystal singing bowls, zen singing bowls, tuning forks, gong, and percussion instruments and the vibrations weave through the air, touching both your physical and emotional self. This creates a harmonious balance, leading to deep relaxation, emotional release, and a sense of well-being that feels as if you’ve been gently realigned by the universe itself.
We offer deeply relaxing and harmonious sound healing sessions that last 60-90 minutes. You will lie down on a luxurious memory foam mat, pillow, blanket and eye mask is provided as well. You will settle in and let your body shift from the sympathetic to the parasympathetic state and be immersed in sound and ambient light, frequency and vibration. Common experiences include tingling sensations in your hands and feet, seeing various colors, hearing your inner voice, seeing your future self, restoration of balance, releasing of stuck gook emotions, clearing of energetic blockage, enhancement of spiritual wellbeing and a release of stress, anxiety and tension.
Sound healing works by using specific frequencies to interact with the body’s energy fields, or chakras. These frequencies are generated using various digital and acoustic instruments and can help to restore balance and promote healing by shifting the body from a state of stress to relaxation.
There are numerous benefits that you can get from just one sound healing session with us.
Physical health benefits include:
- Boosted immune system: sound healing can stimulate the immune system. A strong immune system can contribute to overall health, including heart health.
- Pain management: some frequencies such as 174 hz can help alleviate physical pain.
- Lowered cholesterol levels: sound healing reduces anxiety and stress which in return help regulate cholesterol levels
- Reduced risk of heart disease: sound healing helps reduce stress, improve sleep, emotional balance and more
- Reduced blood pressure: Some studies suggest that sound therapy can help lower blood pressure.
- Improved sleep: The calming effects of sound healing can improve sleep quality, which is beneficial for heart health.
- Improved Respiratory Function: The deep relaxation induced by sound healing can lead to better breathing patterns, which is beneficial for oxygenating the body
- Reduced Inflammation: some studies suggest that stress reduction techniques like sound healing can help reduce inflammation
Mental health benefits include:
- Decreased stress levels and anxiety: helps to lower cortisol levels.
- Enhanced Emotional Well-being: sound healing helps in emotional regulation, reducing the risk of stress-induced heart issues.
- Enhanced Focus and Mental Clarity: sound healing can help improve cognitive function. Which will help you be at your optimal performance
- Emotional Release: Helps to release emotional blockages.
- Mindfulness: Heightened awareness
Saints and Angels sound healing experiences uses a variety of modalities, including:
- Brainwave Entrainment: using pulsing sound to encourage brain waves to align to the frequency of the beat.
- Crystal Bowls: using quartz singing bowls to not only produce sound, but align the physical being with the crystalline structure – as the human body has a natural affinity to quartz.
- Gong: is a powerful instrument in sound healing due to its wide range of tones and overtones. When struck, it produces complex vibrations that reverberate through the body and mind, creating a profound sense of relaxation and focus. The gong’s rich tapestry of sound frequencies can stimulate the glandular and nervous systems, helping to release tension and activate the body’s natural healing mechanisms. Its deep, resonant tones can also facilitate a shift from the active, analytical state of mind to a more introspective, meditative state, making it an effective tool for emotional and spiritual healing as well.
- Tuning Forks: are precise instruments that emit specific frequencies when struck. In sound healing, they are often used for targeted therapy, allowing me to focus on particular energy centers or issues within the body. Their frequencies can stimulate the body’s healing processes, improve blood flow, and reduce muscle tension.
- Zen Therapeutic Singing Bowl: is an instrument designed for powerful vibration and long lasting sustain. The application of these precision vibrations is accomplished by placing the bowl directly on the body. The soothing pulse of the vibrations created by the Therapeutic Series easily penetrates tissues. Designed specifically for Vibrational Sound Therapy, these bowls of the Therapeutic Series represent the highest level of refinement of any singing bowl ever. Great for releasing stuck emotions, and traumas. Just purely awesome at helping you let go.
- Ocean Drum: Filled with small beads that move freely within the drum, it creates a mesmerizing sound when tilted or shaken. This sound closely resembles the natural ebb and flow of the ocean, providing a calming and grounding experience. The ocean drum is particularly effective in inducing a state of relaxation and can be used to reduce stress, anxiety, and tension.
- Solfeggio Tones: Divine frequencies which correspond to a specific chakra or energy center in the body, and it’s believed that these tones can promote healing and transformation. For example, the frequency of 528 Hz is associated with DNA repair and healing, while 396 Hz is believed to eliminate fear and guilt. While scientific evidence supporting the efficacy of Solfeggio frequencies is limited, many people report experiencing emotional release, improved well-being, and even physical healing when exposed to these tones.
- Binaural Beats: are an auditory illusion created when two slightly different frequencies are played in each ear. The brain perceives a third tone that is the mathematical difference between the two frequencies, effectively entraining brainwaves to that frequency. This technique is often used in sound healing to induce states of relaxation, focus, or even sleep.
- Rainstick: is often used for its calming and grounding effects. The gentle, cascading sound it produces can evoke a sense of tranquility and connection to nature, making it excellent for reducing stress and anxiety. It’s rhythmic flow can also facilitate deeper states of meditation, helping to quiet the mind and promote relaxation. Its soothing sound can be particularly effective in balancing the emotional state.
- Crystal Triangle: The clarity and precision of its sound make it a powerful tool for focusing energy and intention. Similar to crystal singing bowls, the crystal triangle is believed to resonate with specific chakras or energy centers, aiding in their alignment and balance.
- Rattlers and Shakers: are often used to break up stagnant energy and restore flow within the body’s energy system. They can also serve to ground the individual, anchoring them in the present moment and helping to release emotional or physical tension.
Everyone has a unique experience with sound healing. It is normal to fall asleep during this experience, but will not impact the healing effects as you will still be affected in the same way from the sounds you are immersed in.
While anecdotal evidence and some preliminary studies suggest the efficacy of sound healing, it’s important to note that research is ongoing, and an increasing amount of new studies have shown promising results in areas like stress reduction, pain management, and even cognitive function.
Behavioral disorders and a range of overwhelming emotions like:
Self-pity and heartbreak
Physical illnesses like cancer, joint and muscle pain and digestive issues
Self-pity and heartbreak
It’s important to note that sound healing is not a cure for cancer or a substitute for medical treatments like chemotherapy, radiation, or surgery. However, it does offer some amazing complementary benefits to cancer patients undergoing traditional treatments. Here’s how:
Cancer treatments can be physically and emotionally taxing. Sound healing helps reduce stress and anxiety, making the overall treatment experience more manageable.
The frequencies used can stimulate the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
Dealing with cancer often comes with emotional challenges like fear, depression, and anxiety. Sound healing can offer emotional relief and help patients better manage these feelings.
Many cancer patients struggle with sleep quality due to the side effects of treatment or stress. Sound healing can promote relaxation and improve sleep, which is crucial for healing and recovery. It is a great option to ambien and xanax
Enhanced Focus and Mental Clarity:
Cancer treatments like chemotherapy can sometimes lead to “chemo brain,” affecting memory and concentration. Sound healing helps improve cognitive function, aiding patients in staying focused and mentally clear.
Immune System Support:
Sound healing can boost the immune system, which is often compromised in cancer patients.
Sound healing can be a complementary therapy that may improve the quality of life for some cancer patients but should be used alongside, not in place of, traditional medical treatments.
If you like your sound healing to be loud you can schedule a private session or you can come to one of the sound baths on the weekend. Weekend classes tend to be louder.
That is wonderful. The weekday and late late night classes tend to be more quiet and peaceful and your body will thank you. When you enter the studio you will gently shift from the sympathetic to the parasympathetic state.
Private sessions are customized as well.
Do you want the sound loud then BAM. Do you like the gong more than the crystal bowls. let me know. each private session is tailored to what makes you comfortable. This will help you relax even more.
Yes, you can practice sound healing at home with the right instruments and guidance. However, for optimal results, consult with a professional.
Sound healing is generally considered a safe and non-invasive practice, but it may not be suitable for everyone. Here are some medical conditions where caution is advised:
- Sound Sensitivity Disorders: Conditions like hyperacusis or misophonia can make individuals extremely sensitive to sound, making sound healing potentially uncomfortable or distressing.
Frequency can vary based on individual needs and the type of sound healing. Some people benefit from weekly sessions, while others may go monthly.
Yes, sound healing can complement other therapies like acupuncture, massage, and psychotherapy, chemotherapy, radiation, cognitive behavioral therapies, and more..